Zapier lets you connect Typefully with thousands of different apps and services to create powerful workflows.
Each Zap has one app as the Trigger, where your information comes from and which causes one or more Actions in other apps, where your data gets sent automatically.
For example, you can use Zapier to post a message to Slack anytime you publish a new tweet or thread from your Typefully account, or you could create new drafts in Typefully from Google Docs.
Read on to learn how to get started.
Connect Typefully to Zapier
First of all, you need a free Zapier account.
Once you’re registered, open the “zap editor” to get started:
Create first automation
Search “Typefully” in the app event field, and select it to get started. Zapier will prompt you to connect Typefully to it for the first time.
It will ask you for an API Key that you can create in your Typefully settings:
Choose a trigger, or “app event”
You can trigger actions from Zapier when:
- A draft is published from Typefully
- A draft is scheduled from Typefully.
As an example, this allows you to get a notification via Slack/email when a tweet/thread is published, or to cross-post to other platforms. The triggers also contain the draft content and other useful metadata, including the Twitter link to the published tweet/thread.
In the Zapier trigger settings, you can decide to filter if you want the Zap to run for all drafts, just for tweets or threads.
Bear in mind that these triggers update every 15 minutes, so don’t be surprised if they don’t trigger immediately after performing an action.
Actions allow you to create and schedule content in Typefully.
As an example, you can create a new draft when a new document is moved/created in a folder on Google Docs. This allows you to integrate Typefully into your existing writing and review workflows, a feature especially useful for teams.
We offer three actions:
- Create Draft. It creates a draft with the provided content that you will find in Typefully ready for editing.
- Schedule Draft. It will schedule a draft with the provided content for publishing on the date you provide.
- Schedule Draft in Next Free Slot. It will add a draft with the provided content to the queue to be published in your next free slot.
All these actions expose at least these 3 options:
- It’s the content that will be put in the draft. Separate with at least 4 new lines to split into multiple tweets.
- If enabled, will split the content into multiple tweets automatically. Especially useful if you pipe blog posts to Typefully. It will also remove any markdown found in the text.
- If enabled, it will automatically create an internal share link for the draft (provided in the output of the Zapier action as
share_url), that you can use in other actions to circulate your draft.